Saturday, April 11, 2009

Zoobesucherin...

Call me callous but I have zero sympathy/tolerance for people who try and do dumb sh*t at zoos. Last year was the guy who was f*cking around with the tiger which sadly ended with the tiger being killed. Then, more recently, was the guy who tried to get into the panda bear exhibit because he wanted to hug the bear (though honestly, who can blame him?).

Today we find the crazy lady who jumped into a polar bear exhibit at the Berlin zoo. She was mauled. Of course. What did she think was going to happen? That she would pet them? That she would give one of them a coke and everything would be 'all good' and they would chat the day away? Listen, I'm on the fence in the first place about zoos. On one hand they present a great way to learn about animals and see them first hand when people might not otherwise get the chance. Hopefully it promotes a positive view on how precious animals are and teaches people to respect them as being as worthy of life as any of us. On the other hand, I hate the fact that these animals are taken out of their natural habitat and have to sit in cages or glass boxes all day long, never to return to their wild habitat. It seems cruel and archaic. Haven't we progressed beyond capturing exotic animals just so we can take pictures of them? Regardless of what I think or feel, these animals are here against their will, and this is what happens.





It might be sort of sad and sadistic that I laugh every time she falls. Haha. I can't help myself.

I'm back to NYC Monday so next post will probably be tuesday-ish. Have a good Masters Sunday. Go big...

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: