Saturday, April 18, 2009

Playoffs Baby...

If you're fan of basketball, now's the best time of the year. Granted this is sure to be the earliest end to the Pistons season in 9 years, but whatever. After they lose, I'm rooting for Portland. It's really the best time of the year to be a Detroit fan. Not only have the tigers started, but the Pistons and Wings are in the playoffs, and the Wings have a great shot at going the distance. Osgood is ridiculous. If you don't like hockey and think it's absurd (like I used to) just watch Osgood tend goal. He's insane. I'm getting old and have trouble following the puck on tv, I was actually a fan of the blue highlight that purists hated, and I have no idea how this guy can block some of the shots he does. I can barely hit a softball and this guy is just crazy with his coordination.



Chicago can beat Boston. I feel so bad for Garnett. I can't think of anyone who plays with as much passion day in and day out as this guy and for him to be injured and watch this from the sidelines hurts. You hate to see things like that happen to people who try hard (unlike every single Piston who seem disinterested and apathetic).

Anyways, that's all for now. Go big.

-M, p, z & shredder

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Portland?!? What is wrong with you. How can you not love the Celtics? Did you see Ray Allen last night? What the heck.

--Sylvia

Swami Says said...

Love the Celtics?! You're crazy. I HATE the Celtics. Pretty much all things Boston actually. We're fighting. Breakdance fighting.

ps - how can you not root for Portland? It might be a different city than yours, but it shares the same name.

Anonymous said...

Both Portlands are full of stank hippies. How can you hate KG?

Not kidding, I learned how to breakdance fight on Saturday night. It's pose, pose, pose, FIGHT STANCE.

It is on like the former Soviet republic of Azerbaijan!

--Syl

Swami Says said...

Ha. I don't actually hate KG. I love KG. I mean in so far as his insatiable urge to win and compete. But he can be a little b*tch sometimes. I am also high on Paul Pierce.

I hate Ray Allen. With a passion. I also hate the thought of Boston. I hate the Cletics and everything they stand for. Mostly because I grew up a Pistons fan and naturally have grown up hating the C's.

It's on. You're going down. We'll breakdance fight in NYC. I'm winning.