Monday, April 27, 2009

Random Thoughts...

First, as many of you probably already know, the Pistons are done. Donezo. The franchise as we know it will never be the same. Without getting into it too much, this has been the most frustratingly terrible season in my entire life. I remember back in the mid nineties when we went through our teal phase and only won 19 games in 95, but this was another level of pure crap. Those days we just flat out sucked. We had nobody until Grant Hill came along and opened things up for us. This year was a bunch of overpaid arrogant b*tches that embarrassed fans like myself every time they stepped on the court. I'm hoping next year will be different, but with Curry most likely still at the helm, it'll be hard to change. So long A.I. So long Rasheed. I'm also hoping this is so long to Tayshaun, Amir and Maxiell and hello to Bosh, Boozer, Odom or anyone who can shoot and someone who can be a leader. I hope Rip stays. Trading him makes sense, but it would kill me if he goes. I hope McDyess signs with a contender like the Cavs or the Lakers or even the Celtics. This season broke my heart.

Second, it was 90+ degrees yesterday. While that's all well and good in July, it's April. This is getting out of hand. It was a nice reprieve from the rain, but I would have been happy with 75 and sunny. I'm a huge fan of spring and love watching April showers turn into May flowers, but here in nyc, it goes straight from winter to summer. Oh well, nothing to cry about I suppose.

Lastly, the Lions drafted Georgia QB Matt Stafford with the number 1 pick in the draft. It seems like we have had a lot of number 1 picks and most of them are no longer on our team and a few of them are no longer in the league. I can't remember the last time we didn't take a QB or a WR with our first pick. I'm hoping that Stafford can be the guy who rights the ship. I hope he can be the face of the franchise for years to come. I hope that Culpepper does not get to start the season, but I'm not sure Stafford is ready to step in and get to work. All I know is that we are coming off the worst season in the history of the NFL and if something good doesn't happen to Detroit and Ford soon, we're in trouble.

At least we still have the Wings. Go big or go home....

-M, p, z & shredder

2 comments:

bill said...

have you seen JCVD? it's really good! Jean Claude has got chops--you should check it out. He cries and stuff...

Anonymous said...

This season was criminal. I'm gonna watch next year, but I'm glad I have the Celtics to keep me warm. I guess it would be cool to get McDyess, even though it's sad for the Pistons. Did you see the Celtics-Bulls game last night? I damn near had a heart attack.

--Sylvia