Thursday, April 30, 2009

Bulls vs. Celtics...























I don't know how many of you follow basketball, but this first round series between the Bulls and Celtics is easily one of the greatest playoff series I have seen in my entire life. 5 of the 6 games have come down to the last second. 5 of 6. When I say the last second, I don't mean figuratively. I mean like the last possible second. I never thought I would say this, but how great was Joachim Noah tonight? I have hated this kid along with most dudes that came out of Florida. I hate his hair, his face and his silly mustache. But I love this kid's heart. Everyone is playing with so much passion and fire it reminds of everything I love about the NBA. It's like March Madness only everyone is really really good. And that's why this series is so great. People playing their hearts out.














Tonight was the highlight of the series. A triple overtime thriller in Chicago with the Bulls down 3-2 in the series. If you missed it, I'm sure it'll be on ESPN Classic tomorrow, just like game 4 was the next day. It really gives meaning to the phrase 'instant classic.'

Towards the end of the regular season the Pistons were jockeying for playoff positioning with the Bulls and the 76ers. We played the Bulls in our second to last game and if we had beaten them we would probably be playing Boston right now and would have most likely lost in 5 or 6. I'm so happy the Bulls beat us that game, because as nice as it would have been to win a single playoff game this year, nothing can compare to this series. My only hope is that game 7 never ends. After this round, depending on who wins, it looks like it'll be the Cavs vs whoever wins this series and that should be a great series to watch. Just like the Cavs / Lakers series will be (or possibly Denver if they keep playing this good).

The only thing that sucks about this is that I really only have 2 guy friends who I can watch basketball with and they both live on the complete opposite side of town so I've been watching these thrillers by myself which kind of blows because from the neighbors view, I'm just some crazy dude jumping up and down, screaming and running around my apartment like a deranged psychopath. I'm definitely not watching game 7 here alone. Tune in Saturday night and I promise you will watch one of the best basketball games of your life (I hope).

As always, go big or go home. See you in May.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: