Sunday, May 03, 2009

Swine Flu Protection Kit...

I don't know if you guys have seen the ad to the right for a "Swine Flu Protection Kit," but that pretty much proved the point I was making a few blogs ago. It looks like the virus has hit it's carrying capacity in Mexico and is already in decline, but I have to admit, the mass hysteria spooked me for a minute this morning.

I have felt a little cough coming on for a few days now but shrugged it off to the fact that I've been running a ton lately and my lungs are mad at me because of it. I awoke this morning fully congested and coughing up a storm, I felt 'hot', I was groggy and I wasn't hungry. So, just to be safe, I went to the CDC site and checked for symptoms of Swine Flu and of course the major signs were coughing, fever, lethargy and lack of appetite. I panicked for about a minute, worried that I might not get to go on my Euro trip (which I now realize I have not informed you about) and started to freak. Then I realized that those are also the symptoms for a common cold. So I got up, took an Aleve, and drank some water. About an hour later I ate about 6 tacos, felt fine again aside from my cough and realized that the media did their job pretty well.

I guess if people keep getting hit over the head with something, eventually it sinks in. I have been fighting the hysteria with all my might and ended up getting pwned by it. Oh well, at least I didn't have to call in sick to work.

I'm out. Go big.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: