Saturday, January 12, 2008

2008: A Year For Change?...

Just a few random things on my mind today. Did anyone get a chance to see my show last night? If so, did they misspell my name in the credits? I kind of figured they would.

One of my weaknesses in life is t-shirts. I love t-shirts. I can't seem to buy enough of them. My favorite kind are made by Obey and are sold at stores like The Buckle and a lot of 'skater' stores in Manhattan. They are the softest most comfortable tees one could ever don. While I don't think I will ever be able to end my addiction, I do think I need to start being a little more selective. I think part of growing up is that you have to stop wearing funny 'vintage' tees. This is unfortunate for me because I love a good laugh and a good tee, so it was kind of a match made in heaven. For example:















Hilarious right? Anyways, I think the days of me rockin' the funny tees are over. I was perusing a couple different t-shirt stores I like when I came across 2 shirts that were particularly hilarious. I pictured myself wearing them and people enjoying them with me. Unfortunately, the picture in my head depicted me as a student, a youth, a child looking for the easy laugh. And so thus came the realization that it is time for me to grow up and stop wearing such hilarious clothing. I have changed my diet and my outlook on life so why not mature a little. Though I have matured considerably since high school, I have not yet become a grown-up. Perhaps because I am not. But mostly because I still have that student mentality. I'm not saying I need to start acting like a suit, but I think a little less time looking for funny shirts to buy could be a good thing. I think I am at a point in my life where I have to stop using the phrase, "when I grow up I want to..." I should instead be figuring out ways to realistically accomplish those wants. Anyways, I'm just rambling. But seriously, these are hilarious:















Another thing I was thinking about was the huge laundry list of problems people try and medicate themselves for. I try and never take anything. When I am really sore I'll take an Aleve. But other than that, I haven't had any surgeries or excruciating pain so I have never had any need for Vicodin. I have ADHD but hated those meds so I just stopped taking them years ago. But it's astounding to me that people will take medication for anything. I was watching TV last night and saw a commercial for RLS. What's RLS you ask? Restless Leg Syndrome. Apparently if you can't sleep because you kick your legs at night, then fear not! There is now a drug you can take that will stop that restless leg once and for all! Seriously? WTF.

Here's a fitting quote from Bottle Rocket:

DIGNAN: I said to the DA, that cop who hit me must of given me CRS disease.
BOB: What's that?
DIGNAN: That's just what the DA asked. CRS is a disease where you can't remember shit.
ANTHONY: Like amnesia.
DIGNAN: Can't remember shit. CRS.


Anyways, that's all for now. Go big...

-M, p, z & shredder

oh ps - sorry for the flurry of recent blogs. this week was a little on the boring side. I'll give you all a day or two to catch up before I post again. Unless something crazy happens tonight... like I leave the apartment...


pps - just got back from the gym. I now weigh 164 lbs. That's 10 lbs in a little under a month. With only 4 lbs to go I need to start looking ahead to figure out how to stop losing weight but also how not to gain any. That's where I always go wrong...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing the RLS medication is less for yourself and more for the person who is sharing the bed with you.

Anonymous said...

Good move on the funny tees. I am trying to get Dave to move in that direction but he seems quite attached to some. I just ask he doesn't wear his "Ride it Hard" shirt out in public anymore.

Also, excellent point about the medication. I am always surprised by how many people medicate themseleves with pills or even booze to try and sleep at night. I think if you can't sleep on your own, you should figure out what is f****ed up in your life instead of taking a bunch of shit. However, after working with kids with the absolute worst cases of ADHD/behavioral disturbances I have ever seen I think meds can help. I just don't think they are the only solution.

Swami Says said...

No lie though, that Hungry Hungry Hippo shirt rocks my world. I might have to buy it. Honestly. It cracks my shit up.

Anonymous said...

yo, have you seen "paris j'tami (siq)"? it's about love and paris!

man, i'm going soft.