Saturday, December 12, 2009

Random Saturday Thoughts...

Rip Hamilton finally came back after missing 6 weeks and 21 games with a sprained right ankle. The Pistons just won their fifth straight and we're now sitting at 6th in the East (this is with a 7 game losing streak and not having 2 starters for almost the entire season). Things are looking up in Piston-land.

I love lazy Saturdays like today. Wake up late, watch 8 episodes of The West Wing, clean, cook and pretty much do nothing while cold rain comes down outside. I had a few options of things to do tonight but after a 3 hour afternoon 'nap' I felt myself not wanting to go out. I was faced with a predicament that often comes up on these lazy days: continue to be lazy, not shower and go to bed or muster up some energy, throw on some R Kelly and take a shower. Well during the course of dinner on the couch (I have no dining table nor do I have room for a table so all meals are eaten on the couch) I spilled some bbq sauce on my sweatpants. I didn't know whether to put on a clean pair of sweatpants and call it a night or shower and be a person. I decided to let my ipod choose for me. I hit shuffle and the first song that came on was "Do You Remember" by my boy Jay Sean (the only Indian ever to break into current American pop music) and Lil' John and Sean Paul. Needless to say I showered and I'm about to head out the door.



Staple items should be priced the same at any store. Milk, eggs, beer, bread - things like this need to be the same price across the board in a city. I don't want to have to go to a different store for each of these items yet for some reason, I can find every one of these specific items cheaper depending on the store. That's not right. I hate overpaying for anything let alone eggs that go bad much sooner than you would think (according to Mark Twain you can eat them like 2 months after they go bad so word of advice, don't eat eggs at her house).

Anyway, enough rambling. Go big.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: