Friday, December 18, 2009

Avatar...

Why am I blogging at 4 in the morning? I just got home from a midnight screening of James Cameron's new movie Avatar and my mind is racing. I know I come home from movies a lot and launch into ramblings full of high flying superlatives, but I sh*t you not, this was the greatest movie going experience of my entire life. I honestly mean it. If you are planning on seeing this movie, I implore you to see it in IMAX 3-D. It was the first one I've seen in this format and I'm glad I saved it for this. James Cameron had a vision and he couldn't capture it with what was available so he literally had to invent the technology.

I was blown away. After spending the first few minutes getting used to the 3-D I was peeing my pants. I don't ever want to see another movie on a regular screen again. For starters the screen was 6 stories high and Cameron used every inch of it and filled it with the most visually stunning experience I have ever had. I went in worried about the hype, worried the story would be weak, worried I would hate the look of the movie and left with my jaw dropped. I can't stop thinking about it.

Please please please, if you have an IMAX near you, wait and see it there even if you can't get tickets for two weeks. It's worth the extra money. I promise you have never yet and will never see anything like this again for a very long time. If you don't have an IMAX theater near you or weren't planning on seeing it, stop being crazy and get to a theater as soon as you can.



I'm out. Go big or go home.

-M, p, z & shredder

1 comment:

Shawn Starkweather said...

Ryan and I are going to see this tomorrow on IMAX. This will be my first IMAX experience as well. Hope all is going well in your endeavors.