Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Weekend of Excess...

It's 11pm (EST) on Sunday and I'm still full. Not so much from Thanksgiving, just an accumulation of food that kept getting added to a stomach that hasn't been hungry in 5 days - a 5 days in which the most exercise I got was the endless hours playing Halo with Other Guy. Suffice to say it was a fabulous Thanksgiving holiday, slightly marred only by the fact that the Lions once again got trounced on national TV. It's one thing to get dismantled in local markets, but to have it happen in front of a national audience that already expects it makes it sort of hard to swallow, but once this ship rights itself and Stafford and Megatron are the greatest QB/Receiving duo in the league, things will change.

We're just a few days away from December now and I gotta ask, where's the snow? I love the fall, and this weather can't be beat, but if it's not gonna be warm enough for golf, and much too cold for laying out, I think I'd like a little snow. Okay, maybe hold off for a couple more weeks...

Back to the grind tomorrow. Not sure what grind that is, but back to the grind of looking for a grind to get into. Here's my current dilemma - I have a lot of things I'd like to get started in Chicago but as I have no job, I can't very well start scheduling weekly things (volunteering, piano lessons etc.) if I don't have a work schedule. So do I a) wait til I get a job, or b) do whatever I want and figure the rest out as I go? I'm sticking with 'b' for now as that's generally how I roll and why fix it if it ain't broke? Also Plan B is always superior to Plan A because if the latter is so great, why would you come up with the former?

I'm out. Go big.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: