Thursday, November 19, 2009

Furniture Day...

Yesterday, while driving to apply for this job, I passed what I now refer to as "the furniture district." It was sort of like furniture heaven. In the span of two blocks there were approximately 9 stores all selling furniture with bright neon green and orange signs that screamed, "Half-off," or "3-Piece sets starting at $199!" I knew the day had arrived when I'd finally find some cheap seats to put in my new digs.

So after buying a bed (that was indeed half off) a love seat and matching chair, I left the store feeling great - until I was almost home and realized I forgot to buy a dresser. Oh well, I'll take care of that some other time. My new stuff arrives today but before it does, I'd like to reflect on two weeks on an air mattress. No good. I'm telling you. No. Good. I can't think of a worse way to start and end every day for two weeks than on an air mattress (obviously I'm being dramatic - there are clearly worse ways to do this like being homeless, living in Darfur, being a Celtics fan (ya burnt)). If you ever move into a new place and are debating about bringing your camping chairs until you find furniture, let the chairs win the debate. Having my air mattress be the only place I could sit in my apartment was no fun. Mark Twain jokingly told me to get a bean bag chair and now, a week after laughing at her immaturity, I very deeply wish I had had one for the last week.

Swami out. Go big.

-M, p, z & shredder

1 comment:

Shawn Starkweather said...

I'm glad that you finally have a comfy place to put your bum. A bunch of us are tentatively planning on being in Chicago in February for my Birthday, I will keep you posted.