Monday, February 02, 2009

Warmer Weather...

So the Superbowl was pretty awesome. At least the end of the game was. My highlight was the G.I. Joe teaser. I've been waiting for this movie to happen for a long time and I'm glad it's finally almost here. Only 7 more months! Lame. But the preview did make it look like a really awesomely terrible movie, and for me, there's no better kind. Transformers 2 will also be pretty terrible in an awesome way. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Autobots and Decepticons team up to fight The Fallen ( a ginormous evil guy who's bad for both factions.) Also, the new Fast and Furious trailer looks sweet...



So today it was 51 degrees over here. I decided that I'm ready for spring. Don't get me wrong, I still love winter, but being in a place where the snowfall is minimal and turns to gross slush as soon as it hits the ground makes me want to cry. If I can go outside and play in the snow or snowboard or hydroplane in my neighborhood, then what's the point? Forget winter. NYC sucks in the winter. I'm ready for some warmer weather and by the looks of it, so is global warming. We had about 3 weeks of weather that was cold enough to make me put on my winter coat, but it looks like we're gonna be in the upper 30's from here on out.

I have turned into somewhat of a contented hermit these days. I venture out to the library or to the gym or the movies, but I have no motivation to go out. As much as I love going out and getting ridiculous with friends, this city makes it awfully hard to be spontaneous about it. You really need to plan ahead and figure out everyones schedule and a good central meeting place. By the time people are ready to do anything it's 10 or 11 which wouldn't matter in my old locale, but on the weekends it takes me an hour to get from my apartment to any place below midtown, and god forbid I have to take more than one train. This suits me just fine though, because I'm more than happy to stay in and watch a movie, tv or play halo all weekend. It does make me wonder why I'm living in this city that I can't afford to live in and can't muster up the motivation to take in everything it has to offer. Maybe as the weather gets warmer...

I'm out

-M, p, z & shredder

tell 'em what to watch: Chuck (NBC 8pm) I love this show. Please watch it. Tonight might be kind of cheesy because it's in 3-D and I'm not sure how that works without 3D glasses. Anyways, it's a great show and it's on the cusp of getting renewed or cancelled.

No comments: