Thursday, February 12, 2009

Commerce Secretary...

So Judd Gregg (is it just me, or does anyone else have an overwhelming desire to say Judge Dredd when you see his name) withdrew his name from consideration of Commerce Secretary. That sucks for many reasons and it's another week of bad press for the white house. He's the second person to step aside, the first being my boy, Gov. Richardson of NM.

I made the joke to myself that the Secretary of Commerce position is proving to be as hard a position to fill as teacher for the Defense Against the Dark Arts, and it made me crack up. I thought it was pretty hilarious and then realized that I may be the only one who feels that way. It's a Harry Potter joke if you don't get it. Then I thought I should post the joke as my status on fb but didn't want to seem weird. I then thought I'd email the joke to some friends and then realized I didn't have enough friends who loved HP like i do. Then by the time I decided I would post the joke here, it ceased to be funny.

Anyways, I hope you laughed. Thanks to those who sent me emails/texts/comments and such about Zelda. I appreciate it. It was a rough few days but it's getting better. I think when you lose a pet like Zelda who was always so positive and happy, they can still bring all those things into your life like they did before; all you have to do is remember how awesome they were. Go big or go home.

-M, p, z & shredder (Just because she isn't here doesn't mean she loses her byline)

No comments: