Monday, February 23, 2009

Trying To Weasel In...

As many of you know, there are 3 new studios opening up in Michigan. Huge studios. Hollywood backed studios that are not only bringing jobs to Michigan, but bring my dream scenario - a film production job in the place I want to live. The only problem is that they're not quite up and running yet. I have been calling and emailing and doing everything I can to get in touch with someone who can give me any solid information. But there is nothing. They don't have a timetable of when they will start hiring, they don't know who will be doing the hiring and they don't know what they will be hiring for.

I think I've done all I can. I have submitted my resume (twice) and spoken with the only "higher-up" I've been able to get ahold of and then re-submitted my resume to her. But there is no working website yet and from what I gather by my repeated phone calls so far it is only an old lady who answers the phone and a slightly younger lady who is "in charge" of hiring. So when I spoke to this lady "in charge" the only thing she could tell me was that she really didn't know anything and they were sending all the resumes they get out to LA where someone over there is going over them. They don't even have an address where I can pop in and drop off a hard copy.

So my question is how do I weasel my way in? I don't want to wait until they post a thousand jobs online because I know how that story ends and I don't win. I want to get in on the ground level, get hired before they do a mass hire and get a head start on everyone else. I feel like if it is this early on, maybe I could even get in on the action before and help with the startup but I don't know how. Any suggestions? My next move is to find out what company in LA is doing the hiring and get ahold of them somehow, but again, I'm not sure how to do this. Anyone have any tips on stalking a company?

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: