Thursday, February 28, 2008

UFOs...

So a while ago there was a story that I never blogged about but have been meaning to. There was an apparent UFO sighting in Texas that was witnessed by hundreds of people. Unfortunately it was in Texas and I already disagree with 99 percent of the words that are going to come out of their mouth. Call it a vivid imagination or an understanding of how vast the universe is but I am more than 100 percent sure there is alien life out there. I would go even further to say that there has to be many planets within out own galaxy that would have life on it. Our solar system is basically a speck in our galaxy and to think that there was a planet that was formed a billion years before us is completely plausible if not likely.



















I say this because I believe in UFOs. I believe that, while perhaps not all of the claims are true, many of them are. When hundreds of people witness a UFO I'm not sure what other proof I need. We have pictures and videos of UFOs and people still don't believe. I'm not saying that it's not possible to manufacture those things but I think that it's also easy to discredit a phony. Call me crazy but I think that it's very likely that other beings have orbited our skies.

I actually don't get why people don't believe in aliens. It is one thing to suggest that they might not have been in a UFO above Texas, but to not believe in aliens is almost ignorant. The fact is that the universe was created over 13 billion years ago and Earth has only been around for about 4. That means that there was 7 or 8 Billion years for other planets to form before earth and for life to happen and evolve and become intelligent. If there was a planet similar to earth that began forming just a million years before we did (which is nothing really) and evolved the same way we did, they would be a million years ahead of us in intelligence making it very likely that they would have the technology to make a spaceship that could travel to far way places that we never even dreamed of. The moon is really not that far away. The fact that we have gone there is no big deal. But, once we become capable of leaving our solar system, it seems more likely that we would be able to find other life on some level.



Anyways, no point to make really. How can you argue with science?

As always, go big or go home. Pain heals, chicks dig scars and glory lasts forever. Carpe diem. Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it. Life's short, live large.

-M, p, z & shredder

oh ps - The new X-Files movie has been on my mind lately so this is sort of a topic I have been thinking about. Not as random as you might think. But for all you X-Files fans, the movie has already started shooting!! Hopefully Chris Carter hasn't lost his touch.

pps - went snowboarding again yesterday and actually landed my nemesis jump (for a couple seconds). Much better the 2nd time than the first. I can't wait until next time when I'm actually able to try the freestyle course. I really want to grind this rail they have though I am sure I will break something if I do...

No comments: