Friday, March 05, 2010

Zach Galifianakis...

"My name is Zach Galifianakis...and I hope I'm pronouncing that right." 

Last night my eyes were opened to a very funny dude. I'm sure everyone knows who he is because of The Hangover, but until last night I wasn't a fan. I thought he was funny enough in that movie, but I thought he was the least funny of them all and I hated Visioneers, which is the only other movie I'd seen him in. So last night, Kingsford stopped by on his way through taking the time to use my air matress and let me know what I was missing about Zach.

He's hilarious. After watching his Live at the Purple Onion show on netflix last night, I realized I'd been missing out. He is one really funny comedian and has an incredible talent for one liners like I haven't seen since Mitch Hedberg. Anyway, if you haven't seen the show or don't have netflix, youtube (as always) is there for you and you can see the thing in it's entirety here. Do yourself a favor and watch it at some point this weekend. My favorite line in it was when he was talking about how drunk he was the night before, he said he drank so much that he "African American'ed out." Genius.

Go big or go home.

-M, p, z & shredder

another short funny clip:

1 comment:

Bob Cobb said...

I too hated, hated, hated, hated Visioneers. It seems like 90 minutes of "ironic closeups" on Zach's face. Unfortunately, it's the same black stare for the entire movie. And I really liked the trailer. It seemed like it had potential. God, the thought of sitting through that movie again makes my skin crawl.

Anyway, I kinda like Zach. But that movie was shit.