Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Census...

A public service announcement...

I got a letter in the mail yesterday informing me that I will be getting my Census in the mail sometime in the next week. For such an important part of government, there seem to be a lot of people who don't care about it at all (and judging by the number of these letters tossed in the junk pile below my bank of mailboxes, a lot of these people live in my building).

Some people may ask, "why is the census that important?" Well I'd tell you, but Aaron Sorkin can do a much better job of it:



Basically, without a head count, there's no way to figure out how much money to direct to communities, cities, states, etc. This means schools, infrastructure and other programs don't get the funding they might need. So don't be like the assh*les in my building and fill it out.

Go big.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: