Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Wheel...

Just wanted to share this hilarious vid from the onion. Mostly because if you go to the page and read the reviews, it's amazing how many people don't understand that it's a joke. The amount of people who are perplexed by this and the number of "WTF"s is at an all time high.



In other news, I'm headed to Europe/Africa on Monday and will be out of touch until June 4th. Upon my return I will hopefully have hundreds of stories or at least 3 really good ones. I'm headed to Portugal, Spain and Morocco with a couple of friends and it should be a great time. I have never done the whole backpacking through Europe nor have I ever done a semester abroad and I've always regretted it. I haven't been to Europe in 10 years and that was with my family staying in hotels and being on a tour bus in Italy.

I've realized that traveling is one of my favorite things to do in the world. I never used to consider myself much of a traveler because I haven't had a chance to get out to the rest of the world very much, but I really feel at peace when I'm on the road or going from one place to another. I don't know how many of you have seen The Motorcycle Diaries but it is one of my favorite movies and it's essentially about how traveling teaches you about the world you live in and what is important to you. Now, I'm not going on this trip to "find myself" but I'm definitely at a point in my life where that is a possibility and hopefully I can learn something about myself that will give me some direction in life. I'm in the middle of one of my annual quarter life crisis phases only this year seems much more important than previous meltdowns.

I was never big on history in high school (I hated it more than anything actually) but now that I'm older I wish I knew more about it. I wish I knew the history behind some of the places I was going and why the cultures are the way they are, but I guess I'll just have to go learn it first hand. I think traveling anywhere, even if it's only an hour away, is good for the mind. I don't think I'm a nomad or a vagabond, but if you look at the number of places I've lived over the last 9 years, you might think so. Anyway, to end my rambling, I'm excited for this trip and the fact that it's happening right now in my life, at a point where I'm not sure what my next step is or what I'm going to be doing afterwards.



I'm out. As always, go big or go home. Your heart is free, have the courage to follow it.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: