Monday, January 05, 2009

The Year of Me...

First of all, Happy New Year. I hope everyone had a great time over the holidays. I was back home in the wonderful state of Michigan and then back here in the city for new years eve. It was all a blast and this is literally the first time I've had a moment to myself to sit down and write a blog since over a week before christmas. One thing I love about the holidays is spending time with people I don't get to see a whole lot. Nothing beats it actually. That said, I'm going on my annual post-new years-detox period. I drank like a fish and as a result I need to let me body recover for at least a month. Last year I did the same thing and it was awesome. I'm hoping to make it to two months with no alcohol this year but we'll see how that goes.

I don't really make resolutions, I just like to keep renewing the old ones that I never accomplish. After working out for 7 months straight last year, I slowly fell off the wagon starting at the end of July until I stopped hitting the gym completely after I got really sick for a week or so in October. It's been a couple months since I've worked out or gone for a run and it needs to change now. I lost about 10 pounds of muscle and it has subsequently turned to fat. I'm not fat fat, just that all the muscle I had turned into fat. People used to say I looked big over the summer but now that has turned into me looking skinny. Anyways, that'll change soon.

Aside from that, it seems my life has sort of been stagnant for a long time, pretty much since I finished film school, which for all intents and purposes, was two years ago. Since then I have moved around a lot. I haven't had steady work and I'm feeling the ridiculous crush of this depression America has slipped into. I'm convinced that this year something positive will happen. I always say that and always think that so I guess it's bound to happen at some point. They say the reason the Indian (native americans, not real indians) Rain Dance used to work was because they would keep dancing until it finally rained. Well I suppose it is the same with positive thinking. I'm sure that this is the year though. I can feel it.

Anyways, I have a lot to blog about including my end of the year summaries and best of 2008 lists. I'll get on those asap. I just wanted to let everyone know I'm back and you can start checking back regularly again. As always, go big or go home...

-M, p, z & shredder

ps - my favorite show, Psych, is starting again this friday at 10 on USA. They air half the season in the summer and the other half in the winter. It's really an awesome show so do yourself a favor and watch it.

No comments: