Thursday, January 22, 2009

Inauguration...

President Obama.















Probably one of the greatest and most unique experiences in my life. I can't say that in such a short period of time, anyone has inspired so much, not just in me, but in a country. The 'We Are One' concert was amazing. Easily the best concert I've ever been to in my life, not so much musically, but for the woodstock-ian experience and the crowd and the vibe and the purpose. We really were One. E Plurbus Unum indeed. The Boss, Mellencamp, Garth Brooks, Stevie, James Talyor, U2... throw in Prince and it would have encapsulated every must see concert of my generation. Garth Brooks stole the show, though Mary J. was a very close second. What's up with Stevie not getting to sing an entire song?

Inauguration was amazing. It's hard to describe the sentiment of being there and seeing it in person. It's one of those things you'll never forget and tell your kids about. If I had to choose a single word to describe the event it would be Energy. So many people overjoyed at seeing this event, coming from all over the world just to stand in the freezing cold and knowing that they would not even glimpse the man they came to see, but still coming just to be there and listen and maybe catch him on a screen, was something I'll never forget.















On another note, while everyone was in great spirits, I think people could have been a little more polite at the mention of Bush's name. There seemed to be a sentiment that, according to the guy at the coffee shop, Bush was "public enemy number 1." While I agree he was a terrible president and left our country in ruins and more divided than ever politically, he was not public enemy number 1. He was not an evil person. He just had different ideas than most. I don't think he ever did anything maliciously, he was just an idiot. Anyways, everyone clapped and waved as his helicopter flew over our heads.

Go big or go home.

-M, p, z & shredder

oh ps -
tell 'em what to watch: 30 Rock (NBC @ 9:30). I need to devote an entire blog to this show. I only recently joined the masses in loving this and need to spend a good few paragraphs explaining it's greatness.

No comments: