Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The Worst of 2008: Movies...

Just to give you guys a heads up about which movies not to rent or waste your time on, here is a list of the worst movies of 2008. I see a lot of movies, some of those many of you might consider terrible like Death Race or Transporter 3 but I love those movies and you guys are all just jealous of Jason Statham for being so f-ing cool. Unlike ranking the best movies, the worst movies really stand out. The number one was a no brainer, and was the honestly the worst movie I have ever seen in my life. Again these are movies that I've seen so absent from here are obviously terrible movies like The Love Guru and Paul Blart: Mall Cop and Bride Wars. So here it is...

5.) Pineapple Express
So disappointed in this movie. I was hoping for something funnier and a little more emotional. The action was alright I guess but you can only have so many gun scenes with no actual fights and the third dude in the movie was not funny at all. Rogen needs to stick to writing things he knows, it works better for him.

4.) Jumper
I was kind of hoping for something a little better from this though I'm not sure why. I knew it was going to be ridiculous but I was hoping that would be in a good way. Hayden Christansen is a solidly bland actor with nothing to contribute. The only thing good about it was Rachel Bilson's face.

3.) Wanted
If you haven't read the graphic novel you are seriously missing out. Behind Watchmen it's one of my absolute favorites. I can't believe they destroyed it like this. They completely changed everything about the book and made it terrible. There was no loom, no bending bullets, no 'save one save a thousand' bullshit. In the book everyone is a bad guy and all the good guys are dead and it's a battle for supremecy between different evil factions.

2.) Bangkok Dangerous
Hahaha. This is honestly a crime that someone made this movie. Apparently it's a remake too which is absurd. Nick Cage is even more ridiculous than usual and this almost put me to sleep. There was about 2 minutes of this movie where I knew what was happening and the rest of it was jibberish and hilarious. I would have left but I was waiting to hop to another movie afterwards.

1.) Indiana Jones and the Something Really Lame...
Worst. Movie. Ever. Seriously? Way to kill one of the greatest trilogies of all time. I will henceforth never acknowledge this movies existence. I kept waiting for it to get better. But it only got worse. And worse. And worse. Never talking about it again.

Anyways, that's it. I'm out.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: