Friday, January 23, 2009

Corrections...

I knew this was going to happen. I messed up my top 10 list. I completely forgot about one of my favorite albums of the year. I would actually put this at number 3, then you can rearrange the list accordingly. I don't know how I forgot about it, it's one of those things where you listen to something every day and you can't believe that you've only had it since may.

3.) The Kooks - Konk (Bonus Track Version)




















April 11. 2008. Don't sleep on The Kooks. Konk is a great album from start to finish. I don't go on youtube a lot for music, but they are one of the few bands where I will look for rare or acoustic or any random performance of their stuff I can find. It's kind of an amazing album. Sometimes I'm not in the mood for Vampire Weekend, even though it was my number 1 of last year, but I am always in the mood for this record. My jam is "Tick of Time."

In other thoughts, does anyone else read through random comments while internetting? I often do, especially when it comes to movies. A lot of times I do it to learn about upcoming movies or who might be directing what, just a lot of speculation. Eventually I end up looking at something completely random and reading comments about it. Today for example, there was an article about Kelly Rutherford (the mom in Gossip Girl) and it led me to her imdb page where I noticed she was in Buried Secrets, which is a really terrible but awesome Tiffani Thiessen tv movie. I clicked on Tiffani which led to her husband who I just found out was the guy from the Dr. Scholl's "gellin" commercials. Anyways, one comment in particular was hilarious: "If this F-list commercial D-bag can pull a hottie like Thiessen then we all have hope." This was hilarious mostly because he called the dude an F-lister. I love it.



As always, go big or go home. I'm gelling.

-M, p, z & shredder

tell 'em what to watch: It's friday so as usual, Friday Night Lights (NBC 9pm), Psych (USA 10pm) and the Pistons v. Dallas on ESPN at 7. Rip in his second game as a sub brings tears to my eyes...

No comments: