Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Countdowns...

Or count-ups I should say. Three things I'm keeping track of right now and I figure that writing it down on here will let everyone be interactive with me, in fact I think I'll add a poll to see how long people think I will last. First there's this old stove on the landing in my stairwell. Fire hazard much? It's already a small landing to begin with but this old ass stove is taking up at least half of it. It's been here since I got back from Michigan on the 29th, so it's already just been sitting there for 9+ days. Brown Guy mentioned that it would still be here the next time he came back to NYC which probably won't be for a while.

The other count-up is my no more drinking pledge. I don't have an exact count of last years but it was somewhere around a month and a half. This year I'm hoping to make it to two, though that is kind of a reach, but hopefully I can do it. So far it's only been 4 days which isn't even quite a work week. But every streak has to start somewhere. The other one is my less-chicken diet I make every year. I am only going to allow myself to eat chicken 5 times a week. That means of the 21 meals in the week, only 5 of them will contain chicken. I'm not sure if this is a lot or a little, but for me it's definitely a little. So far I'm doing pretty good this week. I haven't had it in three days so I'm kind of ahead of schedule.

I'll keep us updated pretty regularly. As always, go big or go home....

-M, p, z & shredder

oh ps - since there are some quality shows on tv again (and by tv I usually mean the next day on the internet ( I didn't turn on my tv for 2 1/2 weeks in december)), I'm going to use this space to tell everyone what to watch for the night. PTI does it every night at the end of their shows so I'm going to as well.

Tell em what to watch: MSU vs OSU at 7pm on ESPN2. Michigan State tries to push their conference streak to 3-0 for the first time since 1999-2000 when we won our last national championship.

No comments: