Saturday, December 01, 2007

This is Why I'm Hot...

Finally found the info about the show I worked on when I was in LA. I think it's on Discovery Health. Check it out. I don't get that channel so tell me if I look fat..

Fit to Live
Friday, January 11 at 8pm e/p

News events put harsh realities of life in front of us every day. At any time, we could face a crisis, and accident, a natural disaster. We may not think of fitness as a survival factor in these situations. But ask yourself: do you have the basic endurance, strength, and agility to escape a disaster zone? If you had to climb 12 flights of stairs to be rescued from the roof of a burning building … could you do it? Hoist yourself out of a broken elevator … could you do it? Carry an injured co-worker to safety … could you do it?

In a radical new television program, five people will take the test that could save their lives… and take on a whole new approach to fitness. Are you Fit to Live?



-M, p, z & shredder

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't get Discovery Health, either, so I won't get to watch it. Their premise is interesting (I always think when I wear flip-flops that I'm basically dead if I have to flee a tidal wave (there being many tidal waves in MN)) but I feel like they ignore the adrenaline aspect of being caught in a natural disaster.

Swami Says said...

I did the challenge myself and it was no easy task. I barely made it within the allotted time. I would venture to say that I am in better shape than the average person but not in great shape so I'm not sure how much adrenaline would matter if you are just physically unable to do it, combined with the fact that there would also be a lot more people who are falling down in front of you or blocking your way. But I get your point.