Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Hannah Montana...



















Not sure how the latest young starlet turned jail bait got so famous but there sure is a lot of hulabaloo about this chick. Miley Cyrus is, I believe (and I don't really care enough to check my facts), the daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus - the legendary country star. She is playing (or singing or whatever it is she does as her alter ego Hannah Montana) at the Palace and apparently it's the first time ever that they are selling an artists merchandise a day ahead of time because they expect the crowds to be enormous. 

The reason I mention this is that I have never heard her utter a word let alone sing a song, and I don't know any adults who have either (not that I have surveyed anyone but I assume based on my own better than average pop knowledge that others know less than I). This is another example of the buying power kids hold in the world. It's crazy to think that a group of people that essentially have no money and no job (unless they're in Asia), have so much influence in the economy. Think about all the modern day spending crazes: Elmo, Beanie Babies (I still don't understand - are they just little stuffed animals?), Furby, Video Games (though that's equally an adult craze) and pretty much any "have to have" item. 

I guess there aren't a whole lot of things for adults to get excited about. I mean there's the iPhone, but beyond that the average adult already has everything they need. A wardrobe and food is about it. 

Anyways, I'm just rambling. Here are some other rambles I wanted to talk about but didn't have enough to say about them so I'm just going to post some cool pics.
























First is an image of Honest Abe who I found out had the most symmetrical face of any president. The second is the jaw bone of a whale at the center of an oil controversy in Northern Alaska. Don't wanna get into but again Bush is the reason for the controversy. F-ing oil. 


Lastly, does anyone know where my girl Heidi Collins disappeared to? She used to be on CNN in the morning and made my morning news viewing the highlight of my morning. Nothing better than watching a smoking hot classy chick tell me what is going on in the world. Anyways, if you know when she's on now, let me know.



I'm out

-M, p, z & shredder

oh ps - might be offline for a hot minute so don't fret if I don't blog for a few days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The kids I nanny are obsessed with Hannah Montana. I know all of her songs and have seen just about every episode of her show. Also, the duet she has with her father is top on the country charts. So, I'm adult that knows more than you do about a Pop topic.

Anonymous said...

I've seen a couple episodes flipping past the Disney Channel, and caught a "concert" clip at the end of one. Girl's got as much stage presence as William Hung...which brings up something you forgot to mention about marketing to children: they're too stupid to know better.