Sunday, December 09, 2007

Barak The Vote..














So like I said before, I decided on a candidate. I decided to put my money where my mouth is and not worry about electability. I am going with Obama for many reasons, but mainly I believe he has the power to change things in a way that no other candidate can. The other reasons vary from his stance on issues to the fact that I just like him as a person to a t-shirt I got off his website that says, "Barak The Vote."

You know what didn't compel me to pick him? Oprah. I could care less what she thinks. I used to think she had good opinions based on a couple of her book recommendations but quickly realized that her taste in books is pretty stale and one dimensional. Not that I don't think that her endorsement won't help him. She will actually probably bring some votes with her. I find that completely absurd. What kind of person actually votes on a person based on what some TV talk show host thinks.














It seems that lately celebrity endorsements have become increasingly prevalent. Chuck Norris' endorsement for Huckabee was pretty much my breaking point. Since when does Chuck Norris have an effect on US Government. He was pretty f-ing sweet in Delta Force but I don't think that gives him any sort of real grasp on influencing people's votes. I feel like I have about as much chance convincing people to vote for Obama as Norris does for Huckabee.

Whatevs. I'm out. Go big....

-M, p, z & shredder

oh ps - i forgot to mention last time that the second part of the last subaru diaries was much more entertaining than the first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://mississippireview.com/2007/Vol13No3-Jul07/1303-070107-Lin2.html