Monday, October 01, 2007

100...

So this is my 100th blog (at least since I switched to blogger) and I must say it feels like I have blogged a lot more than that over the past 21 months... Just a few things on my mind lately, hence no blog for the last couple weeks. First of all it's finally October which means the Pistons have media day today and then start training camp tomorrow. I am ridiculously pumped for this season and looking forward to seeing what the new kids can do.

Also, yesterday Nickelodeon had a 3 hour period where it was dark and over it was an announcement telling kids to go outside and play. Then they had a show afterwards about being healthy and getting excercise. Kudos to Nick for getting those fat lazy kids (like me) off their ass and outside.

Then there's this...










New Wes Anderson movie Darjeeling Limited debuted at the NY Film Festival on friday. Released in a few theatres. Pretty pumped for this movie. Too bad it won't be realeased in many theatres so most of you either own't be able to see it or will have to wait until it gets a wide release. You can go onto I-tunes and download a short called Hotel Chevalier (thanks bill) which is supposed to be a little prequel to the character of Jason Shwartzman though if you ask me it is easily Anderson's worst short that I've seen. Natalie Portman does get naked though but it's done in a way that makes me uncomfortable. It's not very funny but other than that, it's free so download it and check it out. It has some redeeming qualities but mostly it was lame and kind of broke my heart.


Also there's this...











Pretty much the opposite of lame, this game kicks ass. It's been a while since I played a game that was actually challenging enough to a point where I would yell when I died. I have yet to play it on super hard but playing it on hard was really fun, kind of like the Castelvania that came out for PS2 4 years ago, I forgot the name though, or Devil May Cry 3 which was practically impossible. Halo ended up having a pretty solid story and I was pleasantly surprised at the ending. Online play is same as usual, it is f-ing awesome.


I'll be road trippin it soon and instead of lame blogs where I write things, I decided I would do little videos of my road trip. In case you didn't know, i'll be driving to California this week. I leave thursday morning. I'll try and update before I go with my intended route but if it goes as planned I should be there saturday afternoonish.

Anyways, yadda yadda go big.

-M, p & z

oh ps - don't go see Dragon Wars. Quite possibly the worst movie ever. I was hoping for another dragon epic like Reign of Fire, something that really sucks but is fun to watch but this movie just sucked all around. How cool is the title? Much cooler than the movie apparently. It was even't dragons, it was about one ginormus snake that in the end fought the good snake after it turned into a dragon. They should have called the movie, "Wait til the last 10 minutes when the Dragon fights the Snake"

also, just for Brown Guy and just in case anyone thought she wasn't slammin'...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh lord. I still haven't sent your b-day present. I could justify my delay if I had the time to call you. How 'bout you call me during your road trip? I'll be studying or poking my eyes out with a pencil. Either way, I'll answer.
Drive safely!

Anonymous said...

http://www.theblogventure.com/sndz/sep072/Soulja%20Boy%20-%20Crank%20Dat%20Soulja%20Boy%20(Cousin%20Cole%20Remix).mp3