Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Justin Beiber...

Some of you may know who this kid is. I first saw him over the holidays while watching Christmas at the White House, where musicians performed christmas hits. My first thought is who the f is this kid? He was/is a terrible singer, is off beat and really really annoying. He also may be the whitest kid ever. If Zac Efron and Kellie Pickler (sorry for the obscure American Idol reference) had a kid, this would be it.







*Don't you just wanna punch this kid in the face*












So naturally, I shrugged him off as a fad. Then I see him climbing the charts on iTunes and as with anything that I mildly don't like that gets popular, I began to hate him. I think he's like 10 years old and he sounds like a bad female pop singer (correction: he's 15 and actually from Stratford, Ontario which actually makes me like him but that's neither here nor there). I shunned him from my life and tried my best to pretend he doesn't exist.

Unfortunately, bad awesome pop music always finds a way of seeping into my life. Justin Beiber used my boy Ludacris to grab ahold of me. While getting a ride the other day this silly pop beat was playing and suddenly Luda comes on with a really cheesy but oh so wonderful verse that made me literally say, "I love this song. This is going on my ipod as soon as I get home." It was mentioned that it might be Justin Beiber and I refused to admit it. Sure enough, when I got home and hopped on limewire to get it, the worst was confirmed - I loved a Justin Beiber song. Now it's all up in my ipod and I listen to it in the shower, in my car and even when I'm doing laundry. I'm going to request it to the dj in spin class next week. I really went through the whole gamut of emotions from denial to self-hatred to sorrow to exuberance and eventually decided that I love this song and now I do so without regret.

If you haven't heard it, here it is....sorry to ruin your life.



As always, go big or go home...

-M, p, z & shredder

oh ps - relevant tfln quote:

(918): im at a loss of words.... a stripper is dancing to a Justin Bieber song.

No comments: