Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Wedding Daze: Part 1

I've never been one to agree that Labor Day was the official end to the Summer. For one thing, I haven't been in high school for over a decade so it's definitely not because I'm going back to school. For another, if I look at a calendar it also tells me Summer doesn't end for another couple weeks. That said, if this was indeed Summer's last hurrah, I went out with a bang. In four days I had two weddings on two coasts for two friends. The following is what went down.

Part 1:

It started out last Thursday, Nebraska was kind enough to take me to the airport and I was happy enough to let her. I left Chicago around 11 and arrived in San Jose around 1. The flight was perfect. I slept for 2 1/2 hours and woke up just in time to watch The Karate Kid and then we landed.

After arriving in San Jose, Leadright and his bride-to-be picked me up and I spent the next 5 hours before the rehearsal running errands with the groom and wondering why anyone would want to get married; there's so much to do! So we finally get to the rehearsal about a half hour late and surprisingly no one is stressed. We do our thing and the wedding planner tells us how we're going to stand. Simple right? Not so much.

Dinner was delicious and afterward Leadright and I retired to his apartment to burn every guest a wedding cd, only to have the computer 'crap out' on us and instead we spent it looking up funny videos on youtube and spinning on his turntables. I learned a few things over the course of my day with him, 1) A marriage might be about two people, but a wedding a colossal pain in the ass and is all about the bride, 2) there is a ton that goes into planning a wedding and there's not enough time to do it and 3) groomsmen are there to have fun, get drunk and give the groom his sanity back before he gets married.

Anyway, that's all for now. Parts 2-4 coming soon. Go big.

-M, p, z & shredder 

No comments: