Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wedding Daze: The End...

I guess I'm skipping the rest of the stories from my long wedding weekend. I just had my last wedding of the season and it went out with a bang. My boy Danger just had his wedding and it was your traditional blackout bombardment of family and friends. It was exciting, fun and thank god they're all over. I know Mark Twain is reading this wondering whether her wedding was the best and though hers was indeed fantastic, they were honestly all incredible in their own way. I will say that I did shed more tears at hers than any others.

Getting married seems like the biggest pain in the ass in the world. How can all that planning be fun? You know what would be nice? Telling someone everything you want and not needing to micro-manage anything. Just saying, 'here's what I want, here's the money and here's the date. See you then.' That would rule. But that doesn't happen. People plan and worry and stress and somewhere along the way this summer someone mentioned to me that something like over 50% of married couples don't get jiggy with it on their wedding night because they're too exhausted. Wtf.

That said, I'm a sucker for marriages. At this most last weekend I told my friends not to be surprised if I start to tear up when I noticed they were reading their own vows. There's something that pulls at the old ticker when people start speaking from the heart. I'm a sucker for a wedding and to steal from 27 Dresses, my favorite part really is watching the groom when he first sees his bride walk down the aisle.

Anyway, enough with the love. I'm gonna start ranting about something soon. Go big.

-M, p, z & shredder

3 comments:

Mark Twain said...

The planning is not fun. Not any part of it.
However, I did get jiggy with it...even if the night ended with my feet in the ice bucket.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
D'brickashawn said...

I thought I saw u shed a tear at Danger's wedding. I just figured it was withdrawl from the Red Label