Wednesday, April 21, 2010

The Summer Tease...

I can't decide if I hate or love that first gorgeous week of Spring. You know the one where it's 70s and 80s for a couple weeks before returning to the normal 50 and 60 degree rainy days of March and April. It's such a tease. I'm sitting here, basking in the sun, wishing it was 70 degrees and not 59. But it's April, what do I expect? Isn't this why I recycle? So we don't have 80 degree days in early Spring. Whatever. Someone move to San Diego with me.

Those hot days of last week, that now seem so distant, have actually taught me one thing: Chicago is going to be the bees knees in the Summer. I may have mentioned this before but one of the worst things about NYC was that the Summers are so much more unbearable because in the midst of all that sweltering heat and humidity you are taunted by being surrounded by water that you can't swim in. Chicago on the other hand, sits beside my second favorite lake and I couldn't be more excited to walk a few blocks to the beach, jump in the water and live out a beer commercial.

Anyway, I'm rambling with no point. School is sucking every drop of creativity that I have and making me boring. Getting back into a school routine has been easier than I thought. Perhaps I was just never for the work in high school or undergrad, I definitely didn't care, but now my work ethic seems to come effortlessly which is great. Don't get me wrong, film school was a lot of hard work and a ton of hours, but now I have homework and it actually feels like my future is in my hands which could potentially mean I' shit outta luck, but hopefully means my hands are now ready for such a task.

I'll stop mumbling. Go big or go home.

-M, p, z & shredder

I'd like to send a shout out to my new readers including a new friend and possibly a future blog character heretofore known as Schmoops.

No comments: