Thursday, April 01, 2010

Movie News...

Lots of movie news chattering around this morning. Most of it seems to be directed at fanboys like myself who love action, explosions and comic books. So much so that it makes me wonder if it's all an April Fools joke. Let's hope not.

First the concrete news. The first full trailer for The Expendables finally came out. It's everything I hoped it would be and more. I can't tell you how excited I am for this. Along with that comes the second trailer for the new A-Team movie which is great because the more I see of it, the less afraid I am they ruined it. I love the casting and I really think it's going to live up to the name.

For the other, incredibly amazing though possibly not true news, I hear the Del Toro wants to shoot both Hobbit movies in 4-D. I have no idea what this means, but he says he wants it to be better than anything that's out there or coming out and I believe that he and Peter Jackson are the only two dudes that could pull it off. Also (fingers crossed this is real) Kal Penn is set to shoot his first movie since taking a job at the White House and though you may not believe it, it's tentatively titled A Very Harold and Kumar Christmas. This is beyond exciting. I could watch an H&K movie every year (though it would probably dengrate itself into some lame American Pie Series or National Lampoons terrible movie catalog so I guess it's for the best). The thought of the two of them and NPH and Daneel Harris back makes me want to fast forward to the future if I wasn't already so geeked for the amazing movies coming out this year.

Carpe diem my friends. Go big.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: