Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Now What?...

So April is now in full swing, the weather is heating up and the rain is coming down. March Madness ended with a thud for me. It was a great season and a great tournament, but regret comes with the name Raymar Morgan. He's been dogged by just about everyone these last few years, but I always believed (and still do) that he is/was our best player. I was so happy and proud that he was finally having the tournament he deserved and played great until an unsettling 5 foul 4 point end to his career as a Spartan. I'll miss his face in green and white, but I'm pretty sure he'll get drafted and be a nice role player for pretty much any team in the NBA. Next year is looking up with a couple great recruits that include Mr. Michigan and a McDonald's All American, not to mention that I doubt Summers or Lucas will leave for the draft, but sadness lingers and I'm really going to miss Raymar wearing that # 2.

So now what? Generally, for the past decade, March Madness ends in time to get ready for Pistons playoff basketball but this year is a different story. As of today we are tied for the third worst record in the league and worse than that, worse than anything really, is that we don't seem to care. The CV31 experiement didn't work and it looks like Ben Gordon has some sort of Lions Quarterback Curse on him. This is the first time I'm talking at depth about the Pistons this year and it's making me naseaus so I'm going to stop.

Good thing Verlander is off to a 1-0 start and the Tigers are looking like they're about to have a solid season. And of course, as always, we have the Red Wings. I'm glad I've gotten more into hockey over the last couple of years because I'm going to need to Wings without the Pistons to cheer for. So grab an Oberon and grab a friend, because Spring is here, the playoffs are nigh and I'll be damned if that wasn't an incredible fun and rewarding NCAA Tournament.

Go big. Carpe diem.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: