Thursday, August 06, 2009

In Training...

Some of you (myself included) may be wondering where all this running is going. What's the purpose of making my feet look gross and wasting hours every week with nothing to show for it other than getting healthy? Well it now has a purpose. On October 18th I will be running the Half-Marathon in Detroit. It's not as much of a commitment as the Marathon, obviously, but it will mean I won't be able to get insane at all most tailgates next year and I won't be doin' much sunday boozin (unless something sounds really fun). As far as everything else, I have given up chips and candy and fried food (sweet sweet succulent fried chicken) and replaced it with fruit. Lots of fruit. Which is great and not that hard because I love fruit, but it's nice out and I want a Snickers Ice Cream Bar right now. F*ck it, I'm gonna eat one. But after that, then I'm done. Or at least when this box is gone...

Secondly, and maybe more importantly, something cool happened to me that I've been waiting to happen for a while. I have always wanted my "Cheers." A place where I can go and they know me, not just by face, but by name. It sort of eventually happened in East Lansing at Beggars Banquet and The Riv (best bar ever) but only after going there for a long time and ending up knowing people who knew the people who worked there. It wasn't a bar though. It was my favorite Thai restaurant. I found it almost a year ago. It's probably the best Thai food in Manhattan and its BYOB so it's always cheap and a good time. I almost never eat out but when I do, this is the only place I go. Anyway, I was there last week and the host/waiter/possible owner or owner's son recognized me and knew me by name. It was awesome. I always order the same thing and don't need to look at a menu or point (Pad Prik Kingh - chicken with string beans) so the next step is walking in without waiting in line and not ordering. They just bring me a wine key and a pat on the back.

Anyways, that's whats up with me. I'm out. Go big or go home.

-M, p, z & shredder

oh ps - TFLN: "(720): have you ever been in a public bathroom and someone walked in, and you played "Fat or Crying" based on her breathing? "

Love it.

No comments: