Monday, August 24, 2009

Conversating...

I often forget how awesome it is to be young and how easy it is to be friends with someone you don't know at all. Yesterday my dad had an office picnic for all his nurses and staff and I got to overhear this conversation between these two girls who had just met.

Girl 1: Hi, what's your name?
Girl 2: I'm [girl 2], what's yours?
Girl 1: I'm [girl 1], and I'm 9 years old. How old are you? You look like you're the same age as me?
Girl 2: Oh yeah, I'm also 9.
Girl 1: Yeah, I thought so. So do you wanna play volleyball?
Girl 2: No. I mean I'm really good at volleyball but I don't feel like it. Do you wanna get a cookie?
Girl 1: Yes, omg {she actually said omg, not 'oh my god') they're so good, I already had two!

In about 2 minutes these girls covered the basics and moved on to eating with each other. I'm going to start conversations by asking people how old they are. I think I'm at a point where it's still acceptable to ask a girl how old she is and if she wants to play volleyball. The best is that with dudes it's even easier - you just start playing a game with them and you're best friends without ever name or age dropping.

That's all that's happening now. Go big or go home.

-M, p, z & shredder

tfln: "(706): don't look now, but that cross eyed girl is staring at you... and me. "

No comments: