Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sorry...

I didn't forget about you, I've just been busy. I'm sorry, I know how you all wait on the edge of your seat for the next though to roll out of my head and onto your screen, like little frogs waiting for a fly to land on your tongue. That's kind of weird.

I've been road tripping, chilling and summering and loving every minute of it. I love all four seasons and I never readily admit that I love one any more than the other, but now, after nearly 27 years on this earth, I'm ready to go ahead and say that summer is my favorite holiday. Now don't get your knickers in a bunch, I love fall and halloween and thanksgiving and football and crunching leaves. I love winter and snow and jackets and sweaters and ice and christmas. And I love spring and april showers and may flowers, but f*ck, the poet Kid Rock said it best, 'it was summertime in northern michigan.' And for my money, there is nothing in this world that is greater than a summer in michigan on a lake. You can have your sharks and your oceans and your whales and your cities and your pools - gimme a boat and a lake and I'm set for life.

So why don't I move to a place down south where I can live on an inland lake and have my cake and eat it too. Well, first of all I'm not 80 so I can't move to florida. Second, you can't appreciate the summer and the absolute contentment that sitting on a boat in the middle of lake michigan or huron without the harsh winter or the gradual spring. You can't sip your beer and savor every drop of it while swimming in the lake without going through 8 months of not being able to do it. My heaven has me on a boat with the sun shining and a beer in my hand, summer tunes and awesome people and there is only one place where all this can happen and that's michigan.

So that is why I haven't been blogging. I've been summering. Enjoying the weather, the beach and the lake and also running. I started my 9 week training program this week so on october 18th you can find me 13.1 miles down the road at the finish line.

I had a bunch of things on my mind but all I can think about is going outside right now and enjoying the last month of this. As always, go big or go home.

-M, p, z & shredder

tfln quote: "(803): Reach down the front of your pants and feel around for a while. When you find your balls, leave the library and meet me at the bar."

No comments: