Friday, July 31, 2009

The Dog Days...

So summer is fleeting fast and I this month hasn't been all that exciting. After a spring filled with travel spanning three different continents not including the US, I am poised to take a short road trip with my mom and my cousin next week. Fun? Not so much. But I'm happy to be going to a few places I haven't been in a bit like DC and Niagra Falls. Should be ok as long as I remember to buy a car adapter to charge my iphone.

The reason I haven't been posting is because my life has been worthless this last month. Nothing new. Work sucks, NYC is hot humid and gross and I have yet to be floored by any summer blockbuster. Star Trek was by far the best blockbuster this year but that came out way back in April. I'm geeked for G.I. Joe even though it looks terrible, it's not ashamed of being dumb. It doesn't look like anything more than it's trying to be, a fun summer popcorn flick that they will hopefully make a sequel to. It will be silly, poorly acted and have major plot holes, but I'll love every single minute of it. Joseph Gordon Levitt is in it and I'll see anything that kid does. Did you guys see (500) Days of Summer yet? He has never let me down and neither has Zooey.

Funny People comes out today and I'm going to see it in about 3 hours so I'll let you know how it is, but I'm hoping that it redeems Seth Rogen who has disappointed me greatly with Pineapple Express and that dumb mall security movie he did and that awful Kevin Smith movie. He's about as good an actor as Scarlett Johansen - Woody Allen is the only writer/director who can make her look somewhat talented and Judd Apatow is the same way with Seth (with the exception of Superbad). Judd hasn't let me down in 10 years and I'm sure he won't start now.

Anyway, this post blooooows. Go big or go home.

-M, p, z & shredder

oh ps - from now on I'm going to start posting some things I think are hilarious from over at 'texts from last night':

"(651): Dude I'm so glad we're not friends anymore. It would have made fucking your stepmom last night really awkward. Dickwad."

Wonderful stuff.

No comments: