Monday, July 13, 2009

Zoological Society...

I've always wanted to be a member of a Zoological Society. It sounds like the coolest thing in the world. I bring this up because yesterday I was at the Bronx Zoo which is actually quite wonderful and exciting (with the exception of the sad pacing polar bear). I'm not sure what happens in a zoological society, but I imagine there are black tie parties where you talk to other people about animals and things animals like.

Anyway, for those of you who don't care about Harry Potter this next paragraph (not unlike the rest of the blog) will be worthless. I'm insanely excited about tomorrow night. I've got my midnight tickets and I'll be there early enough to secure my preferred seats (back row of the front section in the middle). After the last installment my expectations are through the roof so there's really no place to go but be let down. After hearing rumors of plot changes and things omitted from the book, I've already got my reservations but I can't help but think it's going to be the best movie of the year. I'm worried about the PG rating - there is much more death and destruction in this than the first 5 combined so it's a little surprising.

Is it just me or is this summer/year flying by. More so than usual though. I feel like it's only been summer for a week or so and somehow it's already mid-July. What happened to June? We didn't get warm weather until fairly recently so I'm sure that has something to do with it, but I feel like days are shorter and weeks are ending almost as soon as they begin. I hate work and even more than that I hate working in a bar that has dim lighting when I look out a window and see sunshine and blue skies. It's awful.

Sorry my life is so boring these days. As always, go big or go home.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: