Saturday, July 18, 2009

300...

Madness? This is SPARTA!!!

Sorry. Didn't know what else to say for my 300th blog (on blogger anyway). Yay me.

I used to have nice feet. I had nice toes and nice toenails. My feet were soft and smooth and delicate. I often got compliments on how untarnished my feet were. "Oh my, how you have nice feet," or "wow, look at those kickers!" the people would exclaim. Not anymore. I have been running a lot recently. Like Forrest Gump running. "I was run-ning!" It used to be that I would run a mile and I'd call it a day. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It helped get me in shape and it helped me lose weight. That was years ago though. Back in the day. Now to get in shape I need to run more than a mile. So, under direction from Brown Guy, I have a new regimen - run at a slower pace until I can't run anymore. At first this wasn't very long. 20 minutes max (Indians aren't known for their endurance). But over the last few months I finally was able to hit an hour last Monday. An hour. Of running? Sounds silly and pointless and as I look down at this unmovable tire around my waist (despite weighing a 6 year low) it does seem a little silly. But it feels good and I think I might try and do a 10k sometime in the near future.

Which brings me to my feet. I don't mean that I'm standing as I write this, but instead that I now return to the topic of my feet. My beautiful feet. Which are no longer as beautiful. They now have blisters on the toes. And a couple of those blisters have turned black and blue. I'm being somewhat dramatic. My left pinky has a small blister on it and my right index (? the one next to my big toe) is black at the tip (that's what she said). So my question to you is this: what can I do to preserve what is left of my wonderfully brilliant feet? I need inserts but that is more for my knees and my flat feet. But are there inserts for the toes? Is there some amazing sock that absorbs the shock - perhaps they are called 'shock socks' or something like it? Let me know.

As always, go big or go home.

-M, p, z & shredder

1 comment:

Brown Guy said...

First of all, hilarious blog post. ("That's what she said..." Dude, you cut that out.)

Second, your feet (like mine) will probably be habitually tore up, relative to how they used to be. You can minimize the damage by putting on lotion/Vaseline/cocoa butter on your feet at night just before you sleep, covered with socks. Try this for a week and see if it helps any. Also gotta keep those toe nails short.

Way to go on the running, man!!