Thursday, July 31, 2008

There's Something About Michigan...

I love this state. I sincerely believe that it;s the greatest state in the country. If I could get a job here I would probably not be moving to NYC. I mean if I could get a job doing film....

Continued below on August 8th...

That part I wrote a couple days before I left michigan but never got to finish the blog because immediately after i wrote that i went on my last michigan summer weekend bender. it ended up with me and a bunch of other people wasted at 5 in the morning and naked in the pool 3 nights in a row. good times. actually i was supposed to leave sunday but was too hungover/still drunk to drive so i ended up not leaving until monday.

Anyways, I thought I'd update you all on how the move is going. I got here Monday night. Unloaded my car on tuesday and then my storage unit yesterday and I'm still unpacking. I went to Ikea to pick up some stuff (my first time in the store and i must say it blew me away. I could have spent a week in there). I spent the last year with no more than 2 duffel bags worth of clothes and a few worldly possessions (basketball shoes, basketball, light saber, cd's, record collection, stero, hats and a puzzle). When I got back here and thought about my storage unit that was filled to the brim, I couldn't imagine what was in there as I had lived contently for a year with about 10 percent of my belongings.

I love my stuff and for those of you that have been into one of my apartments or know me very well or have lived with me, you know I'm a pack rat. I have t-shirts and nick-knacks from when I was 9. Literally. I can't find it in myself to throw anything away. Ever. I am convinced that if someone stole all the crap I just unloaded from my storage unit, I wouldn't be able to know exactly what went missing, just that something had. Which makes me wonder why I have all this crap. I am going to upload some before and after pictures of my room and it will become evident that I have way too many things, especially for living in NYC. I'm glad I'm realizing this now at 25 though and not 30 because I can't imagine the things I will accumulate over the next 5 years.

Anyways, I'll blog again as soon as I finally get everything put away. I hate moving so much it makes me want to explode my head against a rock. Go big or go home but don't bring anything home with you.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: