Sunday, August 10, 2008

Olympics...

So the Olympics started. China spent over $300 million dollars on the opening ceremony which is kind of absurd for many reasons. Is it just me or does there seem to be a ton of hype behind this years summer olympics. I don't remember the games being so pumped. I have been really pumped about the new "dream team" for a long time but other than that, the only thing I really look forward to is diving. So I tried to watch some events that I don't usually pay attention to and I have to say, there is no doubt in my mind why they call them 'games.' Air rifle is an olympic sport? It's not a sport, it's a game. Anyways, they should put some crazy games in there that are fun to watch, like paintball and stuff. That would rule.

The PGA championship did all it could to grab my attention without Tiger playing in it. It literally took Ben Curtis reppin the D with a Lions hat, Sergio going for his first major, the fact that it was in Oakland Hills (the only major course I've ever played (and in the D)) and a putt on 18 for the win to keep me from changing it to America's Best Dance Crew (supa crew what!).

Sad weekend on the whole though. Issac Hayes and Bernie Mac were legends. Bernie Mac cracks me up. His voice slayed me and the looks he could give people with his eyes was ridiculous. He was the only funny part in any of the Ocean's movies and The Bernie Mac show might be one of the most underrated sitcoms.



Anyways, go big or go home.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: