Monday, July 28, 2008

Almost Outta Here...

So I'm moving back to NYC this week. Actually this weekend. I'm pretty excited to finally get back to doing things. I've been sitting on my ass for a while essentially doing nothing productive, which is awesome but for some reason not as much fun as it should be. I'm hoping being a PA and finding work in nyc is just as easy as being one in LA, which wasn't hard at all. I am going to miss michigan again. As always. And I'm dreading the hot/humid/unbearableness that is august in the city. It's pretty much hell on earth.

Batman was sweet if you didn't see it (ignore this guy who is the only person who didn't think it was the best movie ever.) Everyone else in the world loved it. So much so that it pretty much broke every box office record. It made 158 million in the opening weekend, had the highest midnight opening ever (18 mill) the highest opening day, the highest sunday, the highest monday and tuesday and was the fastest ever to reach 200 million (5 days). It just show that if you take your time and do things well, people will reward you for it. It's one of the reasons I'm so excited for Iron Man II which won't be out for another three years even though the studio already set a release date for 2 years from now. Jon Favreau said he wouldn't rush it and said it would take 3 years to make a movie that was better than the first which is awesome.

In other news, I hate packing. I hate moving. I hate the whole process of it. I hate all the shit you have to do to get ready to move, I hate apartment hunting and I hate lifting shit up 3 flights of stairs because there's no elevators ever when I have to move. I am glad to be moving to a place where drinking is expensive. I have had entirely too much fun this spring/summer and a lot of it had to do with alcohol. It'll be nice to not be around a college atmosphere for a while. Don't get me wrong, I love everything about it. I love hanging out drinking without any cares but I can't hang with the kids anymore and my liver just slapped me.

I just realized this might be the worst blog I've ever written. I hadn't done it in a bit though and thought I should put something down. I have had a bunch of things to say but since I've been driving all over the place I have never had my computer with me when the thought hits and I don't want to blog on my iPhone becuase that would just be a little too much. Anyways, go big.

-M, p, z & shredder

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that kid is the truth.

have you seen Rocket Science? very wes andersonian. it's got a narrator and everything.

njb said...

I already wrote a whole bit about my disappointed with it. I'll just say: dialogue, dialogue, dialogue.

For some reason my spellcheck doesn't know how to spell "dialogue."