Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Sun and Beer...

Clearly I haven't blogged in a while. I have actually been on a bender. Or rather, the bender to end all benders. Me and a couple friends made some new friends just as the weather was starting to get nicer and the next thing we knew we were drinking every day. Waking up, taking care of business as fast as we could only so we could start drinking at the earliest possible time and not sleeping until we passed out at 3. It was nice. It reminded me of the last year(s) of undergrad. Usually I feel too old to drink more than one night in a row but for some reason I just trucked on through.












Brown Guy said it best, "Jesus Christ, Marty. I don't care what you say, that IS NOT the Fountain of Youth. (Get your old a$$ down from there!)"



Care free fun is something that everyone should get to relive before they get too old to do it. Not like I had any real hardships or anything that being carefree was an escape from but, an relief from monotony is always a good thing. My life is about to take yet another move this summer when I get back to NYC and it got me thinking that I am really excited to be settled for a bit. I have been moving around for so long that I forgot what it was to be living in one place with a single purpose. Though obviously my life is still in the air, no job, no apartment, no roommates, no idea about anything really, it will still be nice to be living in a place I can call home. At least for a while. Not sure how long I will be in NYC but definitely as long as it takes to establish myself as a person in the film industry. Not talking Oscars, just enough credits where I can get a job that is fun and doesn't include the word "assistant."

In other news, nothing is new in my life. I got some new shorts but thats about it. I have been deliberating if I should lose a little more weight for the past few weeks. On one hand I am at 165 and I really like the weight that I'm at. But on the other I have been working out for 4 months now and my abs are a lot tighter than my rice tummy would suggest. The problem with losing more weight is that I think I look too skinny. Like I did in high school. Granted I am 40 pounds heavier than when I graduated but still, it's such a fine line between being just right and being too skinny. I decided that I am going to get down to 158 and that should be good. It should take me about 2 weeks to get there but I think that's going to be my ideal compromised weight. Not too skinny, but also no pinching an inch on my stomach.

Other than that I'm out. Stay up. I'll try and get back on a roll but we'll see how that goes. As always, go big...

-M, p, z (she's growing her hair back!!!!) & shredder

oh ps - Iron Man. Go. Now.

No comments: