Saturday, May 24, 2008

Ooops...

So clearly every day for the rest of the week was a bit of a reach. Actually I wasn't in town for a couple days and didn't get a chance to blog before I left. Oh well. This one's going to be short but I wanted to blog so it wouldn't turn into another 15 days between blogs. Recently I decided to try and lose some more weight and my friend Kurt also decided he was going to lose some at the same time. So what better way to lose weight than have a competition. If it works for The Biggest Loser it can work for us. We had our weigh in last Tuesday and have until this coming Wednesday (the 28th) to lose as much weight as we can. It has proven a bit difficult for me.

Usually when I need to lose weight I can just run off 15 pounds in a couple weeks and that's it. But since I have been trying to keep in shape all year thus far and have added some muscle, it's proving difficult to get rid of the fat. We had a huge dinner before our weigh in and after eating 2.5 pounds of food, my official weigh in was 172 and his was like 167.5. My original goal was to get it down to 160 but with only a few days to go and lots of drinking this weekend, I don't think I'll make it. As of this morning I was at 164 but after the keg we are about to get, I doubt that'll be the same. The only good thing about this competition is that we are always hanging out and drinking together so no one really has an advantage.

Anyways, I'll keep you posted on how it turns out. Speaking of "oops," has anyone seen the Real World lately? I hate what the show has become and haven't watched a whole season since Return to New York (greatest season ever) but I saw some of an episode that had me dying the other day. It was ridiculous. I couldn't find it on youtube for some insane reason but I am sure if you look somewhere you can find it. This dude Joey is insane and pretty much has the funniest drunken tantrum rage I have ever seen in my life.

As always, go big or go home. Keep your ear to the grindstone

-M, p, z & shredder

oh ps - if you find a clip of it send me the link and I'll post it. it deserves it's own blog.

2 comments:

Harsh Shah said...

I was reading Freakonomics and I came across a 'weight-losing' experiment. The author/experimenter suggested drinking 3 spoons of extra-virgin oil or canola oil between meals, whcih may reduce your intake during meals.

Good Luck
Harsh

Harsh Shah said...

if drinking oil seems too radical then, i must suggest drinking 5 spoons of granulated sugar syrup or a lower glycemic level maltose syrup. You can make this at home: 5 spoons of water + 1 spoon sugar/maltose.