Wednesday, April 26, 2006

One week and counting...

With one week to go in my long career as an undergrad, I don't feel any different. I am sure that when you graduate college in a timely fasion it is a feeling of success and accomplishment, however, when you drag it out for 6 long years in a city that is not very much fun, you're just glad it's over. Finally. I don't think I learned all that much, and I regret not figuring out what it was I wanted to do until it was too late to change majors (I couldn't stomach a 5th change). I guess it is good I didn't take many film classes that way I have that much more to learn next year, and I won't be bored at the beggining.

The good the bad and the ugly news.

The good news is that for some reason Ticketmaster actually sucks donkeyballs and they were not sold out as I had said in my last blog. I went to the game and it was fantastic. They played about as bad as they could for about 3 quarters of it but still blew the Bucks out. I am pumped for game 2 tonight.

The bad news is that Peach and Zelda can't accompany me to NYC in the fall. For those of you who don't know (or remember) P and Z are my ferrets, they are sisters, and together the three of us form the Triforce of Coolness. Dax (my future roommate) actually put it this way, "there's some bad news and some worse news." The worse news was that not only could I not bring the ferrets because the apartment won't allow them but they are not even allowed in the city at all. They are allowed in the state of NY, but not in any part of the actual city. It's very sad news. I have had my ferrets for almost 3 years now and they are as much a part of my life as a family dog or cat (currently they are trying to figure out how to take my belt of my shorts on the floor so they can hide it uner my bed). Anyways they will be taken care of for at least next year and then after that I may move to Long Island or somewhere outside of the city where I can have them.



















The ugly news is that some people are so ignorant it makes me sick. Read this post and everything will be illuminated. More on that later however; It usually takes me around an hour, sometimes 2, to write a blog that I feel is good enough for people to waste their time reading. Sometimes, such as tonight, I begin blogging and then have to do silly things like go to work which mean I have to come back to an unfinished blog and oftentimes my mood or train of thought has changed. Right now, for example, I have just finished watching the Pistons win game 2 (not to mention a 40 of miller lite and a couple coronas) and I am in a different mood than before. I had a lot of thoughts about the above link and will elaborate on them later but as for now, I will just end the blog on a happy note:

If you love Wes Anderson then you need to watch the clip below. It is one of those American Express commercials, this one obviously is starring and directed by him. If you don't know who Wes is then shame on you. He is the greatest Writer/Director of our generation and he is the reason I am going to film school. Anyways here it is.



That's all for now kids, as always: get your feet off the ground and reach for the stars. Carpe Diem bitches. Go big or go home.

-Marty, peach and zelda (I will now end all my blogs attaching P and Z in honor of them not being with me next year)

oh ps - I have decided to buzz my hair again so if you were going to vote for me to grow it out you will have to wait until the next time I have a vote for my new hair style.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about Peach and Zelda, Marty... that's sucky. Maybe they can live with Kelso in my parents' basement!

Love,
Caitlin

Kiren said...

just in case you didn't catch my response on my own blog. I love wes anderson and though I'm sort of disappointed in him selling out to AE, I love the commercial. I had never seen him before this commercial and I love the fact that he looks like a huge dork. It makes me feel better about myself. He seems ridiculously tall by the way. Like Conan O'Brien.