Tuesday, May 16, 2006

No. 24...

Sorry, it's been a while since I last blogged. I've been about as busy as it gets for me. I finished undergrad and then I worked an ass load last week. I have been meaning to blog but I haven't had the chance to (or I've been to lazy to) until now. I've jotted down a few things to mention and then I'll stop boring you.

First of all let's talk about basketball for a second. I don't know what to say about the last two Pistons games. It's hard to win a game when you shoot 30% on the road of a playoff game. Sheed's gurantee didn't work for the first time ever, but I'm not really sure if that means anything. It's not that losing these games mean anything, we are still going to win the series but it would have been nice to do it in 4 or 5 and had some time off to chill out before Miami. What I really wanted to talk about is Lebron. Now while I admit that for only being 21 he is unbelieveable. But I am confounded at the amount of ridiculous hype he gets. He is NOT the best player in the NBA. Kobe Bryant is. 'Bron is maybe top 5, definitely top 10. He does not have the talent that someone like D-Wade has, or even the desire that someone like Ben Wallace has. He does what he has to do and nothing more. He can't take over a game with the blink of an eye the way Chauncey can and he can't defend nearly as good as someone like Bruce Bowen. I don't see the comparison to being the next MJ. The only similarity is that Lebron wears the number 23, as do a lot of highschool boys who would like to play out some fantasy of being MJ. Next year Kobe is changing his number from 8 to 24. Logically speaking Kobe -no. 24 - is the next Jordan -no. 23. 24 is next in line after 23. Any other 23 is just a rip off the original. This is also my 24th blog. Just think about it.

At work we have two very busy periods of about a week and a half. It is the time between people moving out to when new tenants move in. It happens right after school ends and then again the week or so before school begins. It is a very long 10 days. Very long. In order to get the apartments ready there are a multitude of things that happen including but not limited to, checking people out, assessing apts after they move out, painting, maintenance, moving furniture, cleaning and finally re-arranging furniture and making sure the pats are spotless. I had the lucky task of moving furniture for the entire time. Think about it for a second. The one thing most people hate about moving is picking shit up, moving it, and the putting it somewhere else. I did that from 8 to 5 from saturday through friday. Thats a lot of complaining i can tell you that much. Anyways at the end of the week there is always a company party to thank everyone for all of our hard work. DTN (my management co.) loves to drink. Needless to say I threw up and had one of those days on Sunday when all you can utter is a stern proclomation vowing to never drink again. Now what happens at DTN parties stays at DTN parties but my roommate is like a fucking magnet for ridiculous drama with chicks that have never even been in the picture, I mean seriously, he can go from barely knowing a girl to waking up to drama. Anyways, I hope my future NYC friends have as much silly drama as all my friends here do.

I wanted to talk about the season finale of Grey's Anatomy but I still haven't been able to gather my thoughts about it. So much went down and has yet to go down that I am seriously considering never watching TV again. I mean seriously, with everything coming out on dvd I would be better off waiting 5 or 6 years or however long this show will air, then renting all of the seasons and watching them at one time. No cliffhangers, no commercials and no months of agonizing over who Meredith is going to choose and if Izzy really quit and if Burke is going to be ok and if the Chief is going to resign. The show is actually that good. So good that I might never watch an ongoing drama with story lines that flow from week to week ever again. I think I'll stick to shows like Macgyver, something I can watch on dvd and I know all the story lines and exactly what's going to happen.

Anyways, sorry I had nothing insightful to say I'll blog again in a day or two and blow your mind with some thoughts about life and stuff. I haven't really been challenging my own mind with anything lately so I have nothing to offer you. As always, get your feet off the ground and reach for the stars. Carpe diem bitches. Go big or go home.

-m, p and z.

oh ps - Some of you may know that I have been Everclear's #1 fan for almost a decade now, well I just found out that they are going to have a new album coming out. I was actually under the impression that the last album they made was going to be their final album, so I did some research and found out some stuff. Craig Montoya and Greg Eklund (the bassist and guitarist) left the band after the their last cd came out (it was called Slowmotion Daydream and it flopped selling only 100,000 copies - personally I thought it was their worst album so I wasn't surprised). Art Aelxakis (lead singer/guitar - who I got to meet while he was on a solo tour) got four other guys and kept the name everclear. I have only heard one song off the new album and although the 5 second intro is the most ridiculous piece of shit I have ever heard in my life, the actual song is pretty good, it's very Everclear sounding so I am keeping my hopes up as to how good the album is going to be. Anyways here's the link to the song/site if you wanna give it a listen.

UPDATE: The "Pistons," or at least some team claiming to be them, just lost game 5. So many thoughts going through my head right now but I just want to say that everything I thought I knew about the world is absolutely wrong....

2 comments:

Swami Says said...

LBJ is not top 3, as good as an athlete as he is, that does not put him in the top 3. I am talking about being a better basketball player. Shaq is the most dominant player but he is not the best. LBJ is not, and will never be the best.

Did you listen to that song i posted yet? It's not bad.

Anonymous said...

I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
»