Tuesday, February 08, 2011

Detroit...

In lieu of doing my usual top three Superbowl ads, I'm just going to talk about one. Most of you have already seen this, but it's worth a repost. This commercial is my favorite. Ever. There is an attitude and a feeling that comes from being a Michigander (and loving it) that very few people outside of Michigan can capture. Kid Rock and Eminem can do it, but they've got street cred. Not sure how the guys at Wieden Kennedy nailed it (the ad agency behind every ad that leaves you jaw dropped) but they really, really nailed it.

I read an interview with Eminem's rep that said it originally started out as just a music licensing request, but after Eminem found out the vision and the idea he not only thought it was awesome and paralleled his recent comeback, but he wanted to be in it and rep the D. Some people were hating on him being in the commercial, but I loved it.

I love that the people from Michigan who are famous really try and promote the state. What a great place to represent.



Go big.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: