Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bad Teacher...

And yet again, something I'm writing has been done. This is literally the third script I've written about teachers, the first two were pilots the most recent a screenplay, only to find out it's already been done. I stopped writing my screenplay when I first read the synopsis for this movie, which looks pretty funny, but with JT in it, I'm definitely watching it. Writing screenplays is a lot like writing ads; you think you have a great idea only to find out someone else has already done it. And once someone has already done it, you can't do it (though a recent look at movies coming out of Hollywood would suggest otherwise).



Clearly my goal for posts this month was a joke. I'll try and get to 15 though. Go big.

-M, p, z & shredder

1 comment:

Nate said...

As far as originality goes, I think you just gotta take the plunge and accept the fact that (a) it's been done before but (b) what you did is worth listening to anyway. Cameron Diaz sucks anyway, although she looks hilarious in this movie.