Friday, July 09, 2010

A Week...

It has now been one week since I have been without a phone. It's not as bad as you would think. I'm sure there are legions of people who are calling me and texting me about how much they want to hang out and wondering why I'm not responding, but everyone else has reluctantly been emailing. And it's been glorious. I really think it's more of an annoyance to my friends than it is to me. Would I like to check my email and be in contact with people and listen to my ipod? Of course. But by using my original ipod mini that is 7 years old and only lasts about 20-30 minutes on a full charge, I have rediscovered some of my old faves that I haven't listened to in forever like Architecture in Helsinki and the Postal Service.

It's a crazy world that generally moves fast, but really, no one needs cell phones. The world got along fine without them for a couple of years before they were inevented and will survive when we switch to telepathy. I can't wait for the future.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: