Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Summer Breeze...

The weather here in Chicago has been unreal. Incredible. We had a pretty nice spring and I just assumed that it would gradually turn into summer over the course of a few weeks. But it was 60 one day and then 90 the next and then 95 the next. I'm not complaining, it's just awesome.

I moved away from NYC and to Chicago for many reasons, but the one more than any other was the lake. Beautiful Lake Michigan. Tied for the greatest (no pun intended) lake in the entire world along with Huron and Torch. The last three days I have gone to the beach, worked on my tan (GTL definitely in effect this week) and gone for a quick jump in the water and it's been incredible. And all of this only a 15 minute walk from my front door (or a five minute bike ride). The worst thing about NYC was the summer when it's 90 degrees, humid, disgusting and smelly and all you want to do is jump in the water that you're surrounded by, but you can't. It's aggravating to say the least.

This is everything I hoped it'd be. Sandy beaches, great lake, clear skies and good friends. It has, however, raised some questions about school. Today I was tempted to skip class for the beach when I was thwarted by my new school bff who will heretofore be known as Jesse Spano. She convinced me that I needed to come to class and in retrospect I want to kill her for it. It was a lame class and the one after it was cancelled so really it was just a day not spent at the beach. But I think it would have been better if I learned a lot today so in the future I could tell myself that I'd be missing out. Only time will tell if I skip a class, but let's hope that with age has come maturity and I never do.

I've actually got a lot of things I'd like to blog about and hopefully will very soon but my last blogs were all about drinking and I just wanted to get back on track for a minute. I hope you are all enjoying the weather as much as I am. Coming soon: Top 5 TV shows from this season, Top 5 cereals we used to eat before we got old and Top 5 pop songs for your upcoming summer jam list as well as a look at the Euro. Exciting.

Go big.

-M, p, z & shredder

No comments: