Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Couple More Movie Things...

I'm sure most of you don't care as much about any of this nonsense as I do, but oh well, I just wanted to mention a couple more things.


First is a story that happened over the weekend you may have heard about. Kevin Smith (director of such terrible movies as Clerks, Clerks II, and every single movie he's made) was kicked off a Southwest flight because he was too fat. This is great on so many levels. I love that he got kicked off because I think he's incredibly annoying, a bad director, a worse writer, an awful actor and a huge lard ass. The gist of the story is that he was flying standby and they let him board but then realized he was too fat to sit in one seat so both he and anyone next to him would be comfortable so they kicked him off. He blogged about it and whined like a true douche (what kind of loser has a blog?) and Southwest issued an apology and refunded his money, which is pretty much where the story ends. His new movie Cop Out, is the first time Bruce Willis is going to be in an 'action' role and I have no interest in seeing it. It looks terrible. I may sneak into it to see Sean Williams Scott, who had me at hello, but other than that the movie is going to blow.

Moving on. This story was sent to me yesterday about the Avatar Blues. At first, the title made me think what I had already been thinking, that seeing other movies after that incredible 3-D experience just isn't the same. But it wasn't. It was about how people fell in love with Pandora and the Na'vi and are now depressed that it isn't real. Some people contemplated suicide. This is too much. People are ridiculous. This is an actual quote someone posted on a message board, "I even contemplate suicide thinking that if I do it I will be rebirthed in a world similar to Pandora and the everything is the same as in 'Avatar.' " Are you f*cking kidding me? Apparently a lot of it stems from how beautiful Pandora is and how Earth could be like that to which my only response is: seriously? I mean, seriously? Earth could not be like that. Humans are not the Na'vi. Get a f*cking life. If you care so much about the environment, try recycling. Try and eat less. Try to not be so crazy.

Good grief. Go big.

-M, p, z & shredder

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.